Baseball betting is betting on the outcome or other outcome of a baseball game. Despite the fact that baseball as a sport is not popular in Russia and neighboring countries, Russian bookmakers still accept bets on this discipline. Betters who want to bet on baseball should first get to know it better, learn the rules of the game, watch many baseball games and study statistics. Baseball, as a sport, bears little resemblance to other disciplines, has its own unique features and characteristics that must be taken into account when setting bets at a bookmaker.
Let’s start with the fact that baseball is a game that, unlike football, is not widespread everywhere. Basically, these are only the USA, Canada, Cuba and Australia, as well as Asian countries such as China, Japan and South Korea. In other countries, this discipline is little known and does not attract much attention. Accordingly, all top events, players and experts are located within the listed states.
By the way, if you want to get the most favorable odds for this sport, we recommend that you pay attention to the bookmaker mostbet-bd-2.com
So, here are the main characteristics of baseball, summarized in a nutshell:
- Baseball is a game in which 2 teams of 9 (sometimes 10) people from each side take part. It is a team sport, just like football and basketball. So the failure of one player does not have a strong impact on the match. Moreover, in baseball, an unlimited number of substitutions is allowed.
- A baseball game consists of 9 innings (parts). Literally, inning is translated as “serving”. During one inning, each of the teams attacks and defends. The sides are exchanged after three players of the attacking team have been eliminated from the game.
- In baseball, there is no clearly defined time of the game, it all depends on the development of the situation on the field. Each inning can be fast, or it can go on for quite some time.
- There are no ties in baseball. It’s just not in the rules of the game. In the event that by the end of the ninth inning the teams have scored an equal number of points, additional innings are assigned. And so on until the victory of one of the parties. This means that only two outcomes are possible in bets. It is easier to predict such a rate. But it also means that there is no way to bet on a double outcome or use a strategy against a draw.
- Weather influence. The weather has an impact on baseball games. In case of rain or other precipitation, the match may be postponed for a while (from 15 to 60 minutes). In addition, due to heavy rainfall, the match may even be postponed to another date.
- All major baseball events are held mainly in the summer. At this time, most team sports take a break. For a better, this makes it possible to bet on baseball at a time when he does not bet on events in other sports of interest to him.
Of course, only the most basic, superficial points were listed here. For a full-fledged and professional game in betting shops, it is necessary to fully study the rules of baseball, the regulations for specific events, as well as other subtleties and nuances in order to better know this sport and be able to predict the development of the situation.
There are three main types of bets in baseball. These are the outcome, handicap and total that are familiar to each player. Let’s take a closer look at each of them.
Outcome – the better can bet on the victory of team 1 or team 2. In bookmakers, such bets are usually written as P1 and P2. In addition, although there is no tie per match (meeting) in baseball, a player can bet on a tie for 9 main innings. This means that in “regular time” the teams will score the same number of points.
Handicap – Like any other game, there are favorites and underdogs in baseball. Therefore, here it is customary to bet on a handicap that allows you to receive winnings with acceptable odds. However, it should be noted that baseball is a rather unpredictable game, in which it is quite possible for a low-ranked team to defeat a champion. Therefore, you need to carefully study the pre-match statistics of recent events and analyze the current state of each of the teams.
Total – A bet on the total number of points (ranks). There may be three options here. This is the total total for the total number of points for the entire baseball game (9 innings). At the same time, by default, additionally added innings are not taken into account in the bet, unless otherwise stated in the bookmaker’s rules. It can also be a total for a specific inning and an individual total of points (ranks) of one of the teams participating in the match.